Maine Moose Hunts
Northern Maine’s vast forest has evolved into the ideal habitat for the largest member of the deer family, the Moose. Maine boasts one of the largest Moose populations in the lower 48 states, providing hunters a wonderful opportunity to bag that once in a lifetime trophy bull.
Without question, the Moose is the most majestic of all North American big game animals. The Moose fears no other animal and even looks upon man with disdain.
Success for Moose hunters statewide consistently ranges over 80%. A large Bull Moose can weigh 1500 lbs and stand 7ft at the shoulder.
Moose Hunting Season
Maine has increased the hunting season to three weeks due to the ever increasing moose population. The season dates vary, but are typically:
- The last week of September
- The second week of October
- The first week of November
Moose Hunts at North Country Lodge include:
- Deluxe accommodations in a fully equipped modern hunting lodge.
- Six days of hunting.
- Seven nights of lodging.
- Three complete meals per day-home cooking and all you can eat.
- Daily room cleaning service.
- Full guide service.
- Transportation each day to and from the hunting grounds.
- Tracking and recovering of your game.
- Transportation to butchering service.
Over 75% of our hunters are return clients.
Don’t settle for less than the best.
Moose Hunting Permits
Permits are issued by lottery draw.
Click HERE to get your Moose application online.
Looking for a team that does everything for you except eat your meals and pull the trigger, go to North Country.
Dennis Nail, 2018